Saturday, January 15, 2011

excitement

I don't think I've ever been this excited over pretty much EVERYTHING
WEEKEND WEEKEND WEEKEND!
LOCK-IN CHRISTIANS GOD SINGING WEEKEND!
I don't know why I have recently resorted to quoting songs and books for the main substance of my blogs but this is just hilarious
from House Rules, by Jodi Picoult

"I'm feeling pretty good, because this Friday, I won my case against the pig.
Okay, so technically, the pig was not the one who filed the lawsuit. That honor belongs to Buff (short for Buffalo, and I swear I am not making this up) Wings, a three-hundred-pound motorcyclist who was riding his vintage Harley down a road in Shelburne when a gigantic rogue pig wandered off the side of the road and directly into his path. As a result of the accident, Mr. Wings lost an eye - something he showed the jury at one point, by lidting up his black satin patch, which of course I objected to.
*skip several paragraphs*
Then I ran down the stairs to the parking lot, punching my fist in the air.
I have a hundred percent success rate in my litigation.
So what if I've only had one case?"

I think I laughed for a straight 5 minutes uncontrollably, and I do not know why I even found that funny but I found it absolutely knee-slappin hilarious
It completely screams Cherokee County Alabama to me, which is sad
Once I toured the 911 dispatching center which is underneath the county jail (I was considerably freaked out by that) with some other students who were part of a youth leadership program at school. They received a call and I was suddenly on edge because someone was reporting a crime! and that's supposed to be exciting right? No, the guy called because "his white hawse is done been chased round this house blame 10 times by some blankety blankin dog" and suddenly I was like wow, this became considerably less cool of a job because I'd have to deal with that all day. But I do like life out in the country, it's so much more beautiful than anywhere else you can go (trust me, I've been to New York and the prettiest thing you see out your window is a pretty boy if you get lucky, but there's no way he'll notice you because he has headphones in and he's determined to get where he's going with the least distractions possible, and everything else is just dank and bleak and nasty and not pretty at all, unless you hit a nice tourist spot), and I don't think I would like to live anywhere else honestly. Given I'd love to visit Italy and Greece but I can handle being a Southern gal forever.

I don't have much to talk about, I'd much rather be reading. If I keep on with these random blog posts January is gonna have more than any other month combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment