Wednesday, November 24, 2010

parrot mountain


One day, I will be married on those stone stairs.

My family and I took our biannual trip to Gatlinburg this past weekend. That picture was taken at Parrot Mountain in Pigeon Forge. It is the most beautiful place I believe I have ever been.


I give up. I've been giving people the benefit of the doubt for a very long time, and it's time that I start facing reality and doing what's best for me. And that's to just forget, and be happy.

Today I'm very thankful for dates with Hannah, optimistic people, my cat who is still kicking after 15 years, music, ability, good books, my family, my freedom to be silly when I want to, people that love me even after they've learned everything about me (like my perfectionism and jealousy and unintentional yet periodical snobbiness), football, texting, parrot mountain, things that smell good, my guitar, showtunes, blogging, splenda.

I don't know why the thought ever crosses my mind that I would like to be someone else, because I have the most wonderful life ever. I hope I don't waste any more time wishing I could fix things that are out of my control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment