Thursday, March 22, 2012

delirium

remember when i said i'm trying to rediscover the version of shauna baker who doesn't always have to have her phone on her because she isn't obligated to text anyone anymore and how i'm trying to fill my empty places?

i found her. she likes books


"You know you can't be happy unless you're unhappy sometimes, right?"

"Love: a single word, a wispy thing, a word no bigger or longer than an edge. That's what it is: an edge; a razor. It draws up through the center of your life, cutting everything in two. Before and after. The rest of the world falls away on either side."


- both from Delirium by Lauren Oliver, a book about a dystopian version of the United States in which love is seen as a disease that must be driven out by government intervention. And a girl who chose to love anyway.


"You have to understand. I am no one special. I am just a single girl. I am five feet two inches tall and I am in-between in every way. But I have a secret. You can build walls all the way to the sky and I will find a way to fly above them. You can try to pin me down with a hundred thousand arms, but I will find a way to resist. And there are many of us out there, more than you think. People who refuse to stop believing. People who refuse to come to earth. People who love in a world without walls, people who love into hate, into refusal, against hope, and without fear. I love you. Remember. They cannot take it."

No comments:

Post a Comment